IADP- Intensive Agriculture Development Program 1960
- IADP was the first major experiment of the Indian government in the field of agriculture.
- IADP Program was launched as the first major experiment in intensive agriculture development in the year 1960.
- When IADP was taken up in 1961 and it paved the way to an Adoption Breakthrough for Green Revolution in India.
- It aimed at diffusing technical know-how, credit and agricultural technology to step up agricultural production in selected districts so that it may have the demonstrations effect.
- The government of India invited a team of agriculture experts sponsored by the “Ford Foundation” to make a careful study of Indian agriculture and make recommendations future actions.
- Ford Foundation intensive agricultural district program is known as the “Package program”.
- It was launched as the pilot project first in 7 districts of 7 different states. These 7 districts are given below.
Tamil Nadu Thanjavur
Andhra Pradesh West Godavari
Madhya Pradesh Raipur
Uttar Pradesh Aligarh
General knowledge Question/Answers about Intensive Agriculture Development Program(IADP)
Ans- Intensive Agriculture Development Program.
Q2. Ford Foundation is also known as-
Ans- Package Program.
Q3. The team Ford Foundation visited India early in___.
Q4. IADP was the first major experiment of Indian government in the field of
Q5. Package programme was launched in their districts in___.