Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers from Assam
1. Who founded the Barpeta Satra?
Ans- Sri Sri Madhabdeva.
2. Who planned a bridge over the Brahmaputra during Ahom age?
Ans- Ahom General Kolia Bhomora Barphukan.
3. What is the Dark Age of the Assamese language?
Ans- 37 (1836 to 1873)
4. Which Ahom King was known as Bhaga Raja?
Ans- Swargadeo Jayaditya Singha or Suramphaa.
5. What is Apong?
Ans- Rice beer.
6. What is Deodhani Nritya?
Ans- Traditional dance of Assam.
7. What is Ojapali?
Ans- An unique traditional folk dance.
8. What is Missing Autonomous Council?
Ans- (MAC) is an autonomous administrative division in the state of Assam.
9. What is Ali-Ai-Ligang?
Ans- Spring-time seed sowing festival celebrated by Missing tribe of Assam.
10. What is Naam Ghosa?
Ans- Vaishnavite scripture written by Mahapurush Madhavdeva in Sixteenth-century.
11. What is BTAD?
Ans- Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD).
12. Name of the first Bodo language book?
Ans- Boroni Fisa O Ayen (Son of the Boros and its Customary Laws) was the first printed book in the Bodo language.
13. What is BTC?
Ans- Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC). and BTC is an Autonomous self-governing body within the State of Assam.
14. What is ASRLMS?
Ans- Assam State Rural Livelihoods Mission Society (ASRLMS).
15. Name of the First Bodo Language Magazine?
Ans- Bibar was the first Bodo language magazine, Published in 1924.
16. Who is known as Rasaraj in Assam?
Ans- Lakshminath Bezbaroa
17. What is a Bhatima?
Ans- a song is sung by roving minstrels in praise of God or the guru.
18. What is the name of the longest State Highway in Assam?
Ans- Dhodar Ali. At 210.10 km.
19. What is the name of the only Hill Station in Assam?
Ans- Haflong is the only hill station in the Assam state of India.
20. Who shifted the Capital of Ahom Kingdom to Rangpur?
Ans- Swargadeo Rudra Singha.