- The Union Cabinet has given its endorsement for India to acquiesce to the Ashgabat Agreement, a global transport, and travel corridor.
- The Ashgabat understanding is a Multimodal transport assertion between Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Pakistan for making a global transport and travel hallway encouraging transportation of merchandise between Central Asia and the Persian Gulf.
- The Ashgabat, Agreement has Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan as establishing individuals. Kazakhstan has likewise joined this course of action thusly.
- Increase to the Agreement would empower India to use this current transport and travel hallway to encourage exchange and business cooperation with the Eurasian district.
- In October 2016, Pakistan had formally joined the Ashgabat Agreement notwithstanding the Lapis Lazuli corridor, in a joint question and answer session with the Turkmenistan and Afghanistan President.
- Pakistan asserted that “Local network and financial reconciliation are key mainstays of Pakistan’s remote approach”
Q1. Which year transit agreement established?
Q2. It is an agreement between many countries on establishing-
Ans- Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Pakistan.
Q3. Which year had Qatar withdrawn from the agreement?
Q4. The agreement facilitates transportation of goods between_____.
Ans- Central Asia and the Persian Gulf.
Q5. What is the full form of INSTC?
Ans- International North-South Transport Corridor.